Johnsonburg station as it looked in March of 1913. This location featured two sidings and a creamery, in addition to one of the DL&W’s attractive and robust concrete depots. Both were built on a large fill, under which ran a cluvert with a small road. Note the sidings with period rolling stock, and the large rock cut in the background. Today, this rock cut appears differently, as it was re-dug and angled after a rock slide blocked the mainline many years ago.
Photo from The Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad in the Twentieth Century by Thomas Taber and Thomas Taber III, published by Steamtown Volunteer Association, 1998.
The fate of the Johnsonburg depot is similar to that of its counterparts in Blairstown and Greendel. Looking east in January 2002, the station remains standing in what appears to be sound structural condition. The creamery no longer stands.